- Incorporate my 27-year medical career with a writing career.
Associates Degree | May, 1992 | Triton College, River Grove, IL
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - RDMS
Major: Applied Sciences.
Related coursework: Medical Writing. Novel Writing. Screenwriting. Creative Writing. Copywriting.
Freelance Medical Writer - April 2018 - Current
- Write medical and health-related documents and articles.
Medical Writer - LoveToKnow.com - July 2018 - Current
- Write web content on various medical and health topics.
Freelance Writer – Valley OB/Gyn & Associates - 2000 - 2006
- Wrote, researched and designed, VOGA Views and News – a company medical/health newsletter.
Column and Freelance Article Writer - 1997 - 2000
- My column, Julie’s World, contained information on things to do and places to go in the Chicago area. Wrote and researched newsworthy and trendy topics as-well-as special interest pieces. Also, wrote movie, play, and restaurant reviews.
Other Current Projects
- Completed a Medical Thriller Novel - Monster in White.
- Completed a Children's Picture Book - Pig Butt.
Miscellaneous Projects Over the Years
Fiction projects including multiple screenplays which have placed as finalists, semi-finalists and quarter-finalists in various contests.
Young Adult Novel.
Wrote business press releases and web content.
Wrote and researched medical documents such as: brochures, medical presentations and prep sheets for diagnostic imaging exams.