- Incorporate my 27-year medical career with a writing career.
Associates Degree | May, 1992 | Triton College, River Grove, IL
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - RDMS
Major: Applied Sciences.
Related coursework: Medical Writing. Novel Writing. Screenwriting. Creative Writing. Copywriting.
Freelance Medical Writer - April 2018 - Current
- Research and write medical and healthcare-related documents and articles.
Medical Writer - LoveToKnow.com - July 2018 - October 2019
- Researched and wrote medical and healthcare articles. Also wrote on various miscellaneous topics as well.
Freelance Writer – Valley OB/Gyn & Associates - 2000 - 2006
- Wrote, researched, and designed, VOGA Views and News – a company medical/health newsletter.
Column and Freelance Article Writer - 1997 - 2000
- My column, Julie’s World, contained information on things to do and places to go in the Chicago area. Wrote and researched newsworthy and trendy topics as-well-as special interest pieces. Also, wrote movie, play, and restaurant reviews.
Other Current Projects
- Completed a Medical Thriller Novel - Monster in White.
- Completed a Children's Picture Book - Pig Butt.
- Completed a Screenplay - Toymakers, Inc.
Miscellaneous Projects Over the Years
Fiction projects including multiple screenplays, which have placed as finalists, semi-finalists, and quarter-finalists in various contests.
Young Adult Novel.
Wrote business press releases and web content.
Wrote and researched medical documents such as brochures, medical presentations, and prep sheets for diagnostic imaging exams.